Monday, September 12, 2011

Akasha's Skirt

is a big pain. It kind of looks/ed like a Georgia O'Keefe painting due to the way I cut the material and sewed it up.

I have yet to invest in a sewing machine simply because the handsewing is a nice easy way to lose track of my hands and just relax. I guess once again I found some idle work for my hands to whittle away the time.

Nom


I have so far bought 5 yards of chiffon/organza (I can't remember which I had purchased right now) for the overlay/skirt and some sort of swimwear lining for the underskirt. 1.5 yards of purple chiffon/organza. A beadwork book. New fun tape. A skirt pattern that ended up being useless. Total spent so far: $110 ish.

The skirt is surprisingly irritating to work with as a result of my laziness in cutting the fabric and not really considering what I honestly needed to do to make it a circle skirt. Damn. At least I'll have the extended belt covering my mistakes.



-Kimdolion

No comments:

Post a Comment