Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Re-designed



Wow was I pleased with the second attempt/result.


After hot gluing all of the metal bits in place and covering the wrapped edges so they wouldn't tear me to bits, I followed up with the coins and some cut up mardi gras beads to act as spacers between the coins.



So many coins, so little time...



Then came some darted construction/posterboard paper that came in dual tone gold on one side and silver on the other.


After cutting darts like so I taped them up.




Then prepared them for the daunting task of upholding the crown.


Even here the crown is rather impressive



Ah handy dandy hot glue gun... Where would I be without you in this project?






This felt like it took hours. It probably only took me an hour. Maybe hour and a half.


Despite my rather unexcited facade I am quite ecstatic about the progress I made.


I couldn't get the camera to cooperate. Blech


No comments:

Post a Comment