Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Well Well Well

Sadly I did not keep my own goal of recording the entire process of Akasha nor did I get a chance to snap some awesome photos of the finished product...



This photo is after finishing the belt to an almost 90%. Still needed a few things added.

After the belt I began the often frustrating work of figuring out the main neckpiece with the 7+ panels of a size I couldn't quite comprehend. Gah.



So my neckpieces ended up being much larger and pokier than I had anticipated (note to self when bending wire make sure to use needle nose pliers or some sort of jeweler's tools to provide some measure of comfort)



They're all connected to their neighbors via a very thin (low?) gauge wire found in Joann's Fabrics and Crafts.


I ended up redoing it as they were too spread apart to even show more than the middle three panels.


Silly wire     >>'

I was eventually able to connect them to a memory wire necklace that was first strung with some generic plastic beads also from the aforementioned store of goodies and cheap wonder.


As you can see the necklace parts don't go all the way around because I actually like my hair and don't want it (or my wigs even) to be completely wrecked from all of the knots in the wiring.



Jesus I couldn't look more tired. Yeaaa boy, college does that to ya.


Clearly I'll need to update this particular chunk of the necklace as I had organized the panels in the wrong order and need to fix that gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment