Thursday, May 17, 2012

Boyfriend, Bling, and Bra

So the necklace has the round blocks added on. 


It's just the thicker/est foamies board from Joanns in black, repainted in gold acrylic paint, and stabbed through the center using a pin and some of the wire holding the other pieces together.



Then I worked on the bra/chestpiece.


Boyfriend being awesome and helping me cut out the pieces.


Glued some interfacing fabric to the back of the foam in order to give it some support as I did with all of the other major foam pieces. The base coat was 3-D fabric paint in gold. It was really shiny and pretty.


Then I sort of freehanded the purple swirls onto the foam cutout. I know I should have patterned it out first. (Will need to update these)


Then cut out more foam bits to make the top section of the backless bra.




Finally added on some of the scraps to add dimension. Which of course failed horribly. I ended up scrapping it for hotglue that was then painted over with the 3-D fabric paint in a lilac-y purple color.

No comments:

Post a Comment